As Sound Vault starts out on its voyage of discovery, Hannah Hargrave and Paul Simpson ask the students starting out at the freshers’ fair at the University for the Creative Arts, Farnham – what are the big things on their minds, and what music they are listening to. It makes for an interesting snapshot of young lives starting out at university in 2017 – and a diverse playlist.
Sound Vault: Music is our strand of occasional or one-off music shows on the network. “Starting Out” is the first show within the strand. The full playlist for the show is:-
- “In The Middle” by Dodie;
- “Same Love” by Paradise Fears;
- “Breathe (In The Air) Edit by Pink Floyd;
- “When He Sees Me” by The Waitress Original Broadway Cast;
- “Deny” by King Woman;
- “This Is My Horse (Show Me Yours) by Professor Elemental;
- “Barcelona” by Ed Sheeran;
- “The Apprentice” by Gorillaz;
- “Theme from Midnight Cowboy” by John Barry;
- “Peace Train” by Cat Stevens;
- “April in Paris” by Count Basie;
- “Te Quiero Puta” by Rammstein;
- “Rain” by Bicep.